Internet and Technology Law
While some attorneys view the Internet as just another place where the normal commercial rules apply, at Kercsmar & Feltus we know better. Our attorneys work to protect our client’s intellectual property online, and constantly monitor new developments in Internet law, including pending legislation and relevant legal decisions.
Our attorneys have substantial experience defending and prosecuting Internet defamation suits involving anonymous Internet authors, blogspaces and message boards. At Kercsmar & Feltus, we know the limits and protections of the First Amendment and the Communications Decency Act (CDA). If your business has been defamed online, or accused of defaming a competitor, you must act quickly. Our substantial experience in the area of online reputation management will assist any business faced with accusations posted on the web.
In addition to our substantial experience with Internet defamation claims, Kercsmar & Feltus’s intellectual property attorneys have successfully litigated trademark and copyright infringement suits relating to the use of intellectual property on the Internet. Our attorneys have also handled domain name disputes and cyberpiracy claims, and have asserted defenses under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and claims under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFA).
As a growing law firm, Kercsmar & Feltus prides itself on being up on current developments in the law. Nowhere is this more apparent than in our Internet law practice. If your dispute involves the Internet, we can help you.
- Successfully defended a franchisee against claims that it misappropriated franchiser’s intellectual property by displaying franchiser’s trademarks on franchisee’s blogspace.
- Represented a business in its Digital Millennium Copyright Act claims seeking to identify the anonymous author of copyrighted material posted on a website.
- Represented a consulting company against an individual that published defamatory content over the Internet.
- Defended a publically traded Internet sales company against a vendor’s claim for breach of a click-through agreement.
- Defense of hotel owners in Internet defamation claims asserted by hotel membership organization.
- Represented a real estate developer in its efforts to learn the identity of an anonymous author that posted defamatory material posted on a website and obtained injunctive relief.
- Represented shareholder in failed voice-over Internet startup against vendors and other creditors.
- Represented a national condominium management company in a suit against its competitor which asserted trademark infringement, unfair competition and cybersquating claims.
- Successfully represented an individual on defamation claims against an internet blog
- Defended developers of app software from trade secret misappropriation claims
- Represented an owner of an internet website company on his claims against his former partners
- Obtained judgment in favor of an App developer for breach of contract against a customer that had retained the developer to create an industry-specific App