Seth T. Goertz
University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 2014)
Wheaton College Graduate School (M.A., Ancient Language and Literature, 2010)
University of Arizona (B.A., History and Classics, 2007)
Practice Areas and Experience
Seth Goertz focuses his practice in commercial litigation, where he represents clients in a variety of complex business disputes. Seth has a broad range of business litigation experience, including the representation of national banks in cases involving contract and tort claims, FINRA arbitration proceedings, and other commercial matters.
Representative Cases and Clients
- Successfully defended a nationwide class action antitrust lawsuit involving the automobile insurance industry.
- Represented a nationwide financial institution in a corporate raiding lawsuit against one of its competitors.
- Represented a national brokerage firm in a lawsuit alleging unfair solicitation and tortious interference with its customers.
- Defended a family-owned company against Department of Justice charges regarding the use of forest service permits.
- Defended an individual against a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation involving high interest rate lending.
- Successfully represented an Arizona company in lawsuit seeking to enforce a restrictive covenant with its former employees.
Snell & Wilmer L.L.P., 2014-2017
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 2014)
- Iowa Law Review
- Wheaton College Graduate School (M.A., Ancient Language and Literature, 2010)
- Ancient Language Scholarship
- University of Arizona (B.A., History and Classics, 2007)
- Supreme Court of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
Professional Recognition and Awards
Rising Star Man of the Year, American Cancer Society (2016)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Arizona Team in Training Chapter
- American Bar Association -- Litigation Section
Seth is from Tucson, Arizona. Seth met his wife, Jacqui, in Chicago and is thankful that she is also an avid college football fan – even when that means rooting for the Iowa Hawkeyes.